(Click here for resume in PDF format)
- Project Engineer, Mechanical Design, outside battery limits raw materials and utility supplies for 200 MM expansion of Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol copolymer plant expansion, LaPorte, TX.
- Project Engineer, front-end engineering design (FEED), for Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol copolymer plant expansion, LaPorte, TX.
- Lead Process Engineer, preliminary process design, landfill gas to energy plant, Washington State.
- Lead Process Engineer/Project Engineer for relief valve sizing study for high performance polymer, polyglycolic acid (PGA), Kureha Corporation, Belle, W.Va.
- Process design utility pole and lumber treatment plant expansion, Tacoma, WA.
- United States Patent, 6,336,561, Disposable Rotary Drum Filter, Kossik , et al., January 8, 2002
- Creator, Developer, Programmer, and all around fix-it guy for Online, Real-time Engineering Calculation web site www.freecalc.com
- Process design of Mammalian Cell Culture Facility for Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington.
- Organic synthesis Pilot Plant feasibility study and cost estimate, Seattle, WA.
- Mammalian Cell Culture Pilot Plant feasibility study and cost estimate, Bothell, WA.
- Lead Process Engineer for Detailed Design of Mammalian Cell Culture Pilot Plant, Bothell, WA.
- Process - Optimization study and preliminary design of heterogeneous reactor for ether extraction process of influenza virus for vaccine production, Parkedale Pharmaceuticals, Rochester, Michigan.
- Conducted process validation of an organic synthesis used to produce a chemical for an invivo diagnostic kit at NeoRx Corporation, Seattle, Washington.
- Designed and assisted in the construction of a facility for the lab-scale production of organic chemicals used in an invivo diagnostic kit for NeoRx Corporation, Seattle, Washington.
- Author of BioPharm article "Manufacturing - The Next Frontier for Biotechnology" (Sept. 93)
- Author of Chemical Engineering Progress article "Cycle Time Design of Batch Biokill Systems", (Oct 94).
- Author of Chemical Engineering article "Draining Time for Unpumped Tanks," (June 2000).
- Author of Genetic Engineering News monthly column on Process Technology Transfer,
"List of Columns"
- Author of Pharmaceutical Online articles,
"List of Articles"
- Developed and presented course, "Optimizing Production Processes in Biopharmaceutical
Manufacturing ", University of Wisconsin - Madison (Oct 98)
- Process design of offsites and utilities for a 30,000 BBL/day refinery, Petro Star, Valdez, Alaska.
- Process engineering for the upgrade of an existing chlorine dioxide plant from 16 tons/day to 36 tons/day, Boise Cascade, Walulla, WA.
- Process design of a sulfur dioxide stripper in an ultrafiltration plant for spent sulfite liquor, Hoquiam, Washington.
- Feasibility study and Detailed Design for an upgrade of a Depropanizer for Mapco Petroleum, North Pole, Alaska.
- Process Engineering of relief valve and flare header sizing study for Mapco Petroleum, North Pole, Alaska.
- Lead Process Engineer for relief valve sizing study in a fertilizer production facility, 288 valve stations, UNOCAL, Kennewick, Washington.
- Verification study for atmospheric tanks, pressure vessels, & flare relief valves/devices for a fertilizer production facility for Agrium U.S. Inc., Kennewick, Washington.
- Design for relief valve sizing study for 64 pressure vessels for a phenol manufacturing facility owned and operated by BF Goodrich, Kalama, Washington.
- Lead Process Engineer for design of a fine chemical plant producing etching chemicals for semiconductors, JSR, Sunnyvale, California.
- Process engineering for HCL / Cl2 scrubber for semiconductor facility Camas, Washington.
- Equipment specification in support of Combined Cycle Gas Fired Power Plant, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Shift support manager for nuclear fuels reprocessing plant. Responsible for supervising shift operations personnel in the operation of the solvent extraction portion of this facility. Rockwell International, Richland, Washington.
- Process engineering for upgrade of an existing brine filtration plant, Tacoma, Washington.
- Process engineering for process cooler to inhibit potential bacterial reproduction rates of in-process food supplement, YH Products, Oxnard, California.
- Analyzed solids formation problem in metal dissolution and processing equipment for Rockwell International, Richland, Washington.
- Conducted lab research on modifying the production process of a polymer for Dupont, Wilmington, Delaware.
- Completed course on "Design and Validation of Biotechnology Facilities"
- Website Developer, Beacon Engineers, Inc., FreeCalc, 63 Alfred Street, Where Capitalism Failed, Steadfast Equipment
- Chemical Engineering 1983, Michigan State 3.96/4.00
- EIT Michigan
- Member American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
STEADFAST EQUIPMENT , Mill Creek, Washington
Co-Founder, 1998 to Present
- Steadfast Equipment intends to be a focused technology and market sensitive company developing products/equipment that are used by biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and fine chemical companies to transition their products from laboratory to production. The primary business of Steadfast Equipment. is the research, development, design, manufacturing, marketing, and sales of these new and innovative products.
- List of Articles on Disposable Rotary Drum Filter
- List of papers given on the Disposable Rotary drum Filter
BEACON ENGINEERS INC. , Redmond, Washington
Process Engineer / Project Engineer, 1999 - Present
CHIYODA INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, Seattle, Washington
Process Engineer / Project Engineer, 1995 - 1998
- Involved in detailed design projects as Process Engineer or Project Engineer. Work on these projects included PFD and P&ID creation on CAD, Generation of Data Sheets and specifications on Equipment to be purchased, Evaluation of Quotes on Equipment, and Coordination of work with other disciplines.
HARRIS GROUP INC., Seattle, Washington
Senior Process Engineer, 1989 - 1995
- Involved in detailed design projects as Lead Process Engineer or Process Engineer. The process design work on these projects included PFD and P&ID creation on CAD, Material and Energy Balances, Generation of Data Sheets on Equipment to be purchased and/or modified, Coordination with other disciplines, and Evaluation of Quotes on Equipment.
NEORX CORPORATION, Seattle, Washington
Manufacturing Engineer, 1987 - 1989
- Primarily responsible for the production, scale-up, and validation of a process used to produce an organic molecule used as a component in an invivo diagnostic product.
ROCKWELL INTERNATIONAL, Richland, Washington
- Shift Support Manager, 1985 - 1987
Responsible for all aspects of running the solvent extraction portion of a large chemical plant on shift. Supervised crew of 10 to 17 people needed to run this process.
Engineer, 1983 - 1985
Provided engineering support to operations personnel in two chemical plants. Experience with solvent extraction columns, concentrators, centrifuges, metal dissolution tanks, batch precipitation tanks, and related equipment.
E.I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS & COMPANY, Wilmington, Delaware
FMC CORPORATION, Princeton, New Jersey
Summer Intern 1981 - 1982
- Lab scale R&D
- Computer/Software Proficiency:
- Java (Android Platform)
- Mobile platform application development 63 Alfred Android Apps
- MS Office
- OS X / Windows
- ChemCad (Chemstations)
- AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Hobbies, etc.:
- Amature/Semi-Pro Photographer, 63 Alfred Pictures, Photojournalism, iStockphoto
- Amature Historian, 63 Alfred Street, Where Capitalism Failed
- Reef Keeper, Reef Aquariums
- Ride my electric bike to work most days
- High school math tutor
Be part of the solution, not the problem. Use a Mac